We are always looking for volunteers!
Have you ever considered becoming a volunteer within your community? We have lots of opportunities available.
What can you do if you join?
- Medical First Response
- Apparatus driver/ pump operator
- Committee member or leader within the department, helping with things like fire prevention in the community
- Many other support roles - we have a job for everyone based on your experience, comfort levels and skills
What's in it for me?
- Free training
- All gear is provided
- A great group of people to work with and socialize with
- If you achieve basic commitments (see below) - tax credits and "free" license plates for your vehicle after one year of being a member in good standing
- The satisfaction of giving back to your community!
- 24x7 insurance plan (conditions apply)
- VOLUNTEERING LOOKS GREAT ON A RESUME!
What is the committment like?
- Weekly trainings Sept-June (mostly Monday nights) - 20% attendance required annually
- One meeting per month (last Monday) - 20% attendance required annually
- Emergency calls - 20% attendance required annually
- 200 hours of overall committment per year. Many of these hours are easily obtained during on call weekends (once every 2-3 months per person) as each weekend qualifies for 48 hours.
- If you choose to become more involved (and we hope you do!), there are various committees within the fire department that you participate in, as well as special events and fundraisers. We encourage everyone to get to know their fellow firefighters and to become as involved as you would like and are able to. 20% of calls, meetings and trainings is considered a minimum, but the more you put in, the more you will get out of your experience.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Below is a link to our application or you can pick one up at the fire hall.